InvestorQ : What is the National Pension Scheme?
Pavithra Prabhakaran made post

What is the National Pension Scheme?

Answer
user profile image
seema Upadhyaya answered.
1 year ago


The National Pension Scheme is a voluntary and long-term investment plan for those who want to create their retirement corpus. Under this scheme, one’s savings will be invested in debt and equity market, based on the insured individual’s preference.

The National Pension Scheme, which is voluntary, comes under the purview of the central government as well as the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).

The scheme allows you to withdraw 60% of the funds at the time of retirement and the remaining 40% is used for the purchase of the annuity. The maturity amount is subject to tax.