Since the NSE and the BSE have suspended the trading license of Karvy Stock Broking Ltd., it will not be possible to put in any trades through Karvy. If you have a trading account with Karvy here are the steps you need to follow.

· First get a ledger copy of your trading account and ensure there are no charges or transactions that you are not aware of.

· Get a copy of your master statement of demat holdings and confirm that all the shares you purchased have been credited to your demat account. After the latest SEBI decision, it should have been done if there were no dues.

· Open a trading account and demat account with another broker. Opening a new trading account and demat account does not have any cost anyways.

· Square off any long or short positions in F&O in the Karvy trading account and ensure that the debits / credits are adjusted within 2 days.

· Give an application to Karvy DP to shift all your shares from Karvy DP to another DP via off-market transfers. Such off market transfers do not entail any cost nor do they entail any capital gains tax as it is to your own account at another DP.

· If you find any discrepancy in terms of dues receivable or shares receivable, immediately escalate the matter to NSE/BSE, NSDL/CDSL and to SEBI so that the matter is taken up on priority.

· In case you have any dues payable to Karvy, settle the dues so that your shares can be transferred to the other DP.

With the above steps done, you can easily start trading with another broker and using another trading account.