InvestorQ : how to send DRF for demat the shares
Dr K Govindan Namboodiri made post

how to send DRF for demat the shares

krithika Saxena answered.
1 month ago

The Dematerialisation Request Form (DRF) which is available with the Depository Participant (DP), has to be filled in and deposited along with share certificates. On each share certificate, ‘Surrendered for Dematerialization’ needs to be mentioned. The form and the physical shares need to be submitted with the DP, i.e. the broker with whom you have opened your Demat account. Upon submission of the DRF and physical certificates, the application is processed by the DP. The physical share certificates are submitted to the registrar of the issuer company. The registrar confirms the dematerialization request.

Once the request has been approved, the registrar informs the DP of the completion of the process. All the share certificates held in the physical form are then destroyed. The investor’s account will then show a credit of the shares. After submission of the dematerialization request, it generally takes around 15 to 30 days for the shares to get transferred electronically.